(806) 799-3379
(806) 799-3377

Law Office of Gilda McDowell

Click here to edit subtitle

Dedicated to the Practice of Immigration Law

Obtaining an immigrant visa may be a complicated matter, but the Law Office of Gilda McDowell fights for your right to live and work in the United States. 

Employment-Based Immigration

Everyone deserves the right to work and the ability to maintain a living. Mrs. McDowell can help you obtain Temporary Worker Visas, such as (H-1B), Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker (H-2B), and Temporary Agricultural Worker (H-2A).

Additionally, she can assist in your visa petitions for many other categories, including:

  • E1: Priority Workers
  • E2: Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional        Ability
  • E3: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers (Other                Workers)
  • E4: Special Immigrant Workers

Family-Based Petitions

Your right to a happy and united family shouldn’t stop at the border. There may be some options available for you, in the following categories:

  • Immediate Relative of a U.S Citizen
  • Preference Relative of a U.S Citizen or Green Card Holder
  • Accompanying Relative of Someone in a Preference Category.

If you don't qualify for a Family-Based Petition there may be other options for you, if you meet the criteria for a self-petition such as:

  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Renewals only)
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

LGBT Couples

With the overturn of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act), United States citizens and legal permanent residents are now able to sponsor their foreign national spouses to start the immigration process. Similarly, Gay and Lesbian U.S citizens can now file for their fiancé living abroad.

Other Immigration Services

When you need help navigating other areas of immigration law, look no further than the McDowell Law Office located in Lubbock, Texas. Mrs. McDowell also handles the following types of cases:

  • Adjustment of Status
  • Change of Status
  • Consular Processing
  • Extension of Stay
  • Violence Against Women Act cases (VAWA)
  • TN visas

  • Fiancé Visas 
  • Naturalization
  • Permanent Residency
  • Waivers
  • Temporary Protective Status (TPS)
  • Non-immigrant visas